Thursday, January 26, 2006

Lazy Days

It’s Thursday and I’m looking forward to a cold stormy weekend in which I intend to stay home (save the short trip up the street to my sister’s to use her dryer) preferably in bed, unpack and make chocolate chip cookies. I realized last week that our weekends are way too full and we get no time to just laze around. This is very important when you work full time. Alex stopped by Tuesday with two seasons of CSI and one season of Stargate Atlantis since you all know we’re in deep poo financially – we are not hooked up to cable or satellite and in Israeli that means – no TV. Yes, it’s a conspiracy that no one seems to mind, there’s only one channel you can get without paying for it and we don’t have an antenna… So I hope it’s going to be pouring rain all weekend long.

Funny story from my life - I’m walking up the street to the bus stop yesterday and a car stops next to me and the driver asks for directions. I give them to him and he proceeds by offering me a ride and coming on to me while driving slowly by my side. I end up waving my wedding ring at him and he drives away. Right then my cell rings and it’s hubby, no hello just “who was that? Was he bothering you?” I start laughing and turn around to see a tiny hubby in the distance. He went out to the backyard (coz we have a backyard now!) to smoke a ciggy and saw the whole thing from there! I couldn’t stop laughing “I was about to run over there and beat the shit out of him” he says!

Now everybody go see Kat – she’s having a hard time.

No comments: