Sunday, February 26, 2006

Yucky

If you read this blog regularly you know by now that yours truly is not the most stable person on this earth. Especially right before my birthday! I had a great weekend, the weather was amazing, hubby and I spent most of it working in our new garden. We made tortillas and stuffed out faces like kids. The rest of the time we checked out the latest downloads, Bones, Trippin the Rift, CSI. I really had a nice relaxing weekend.

And then I woke up this morning. I’d like to say I woke up but my cat, Josie, she has the personality of a dog unfortunately. Which is great when you feel like playing with her and horrible when she decides you have to get up now coz she’s bored! So she jumps on the bed, meows in you face, knocks shit off your nightstand and runs through the house making as much of a mess as she possibly can to get you attention. I finally got out of bed and let her out in the yard and then I saw it. I don’t even know how to explain this weather, we have a word for it in Hebrew that translates as hazy. It’s hot, sticky and cloudy. Once in a while a thin rain comes down to make everything even stickier. I tried to explain it to hubby and only word I could think of was “yucky”. Remember how I said the weather affects me lately? I sat on the sofa for 25 minutes staring outside before I crawled back into bed next to hubby and woke him up with a sad face. I finally managed to get in the shower later but let me tell you, that was a mistake as well: my hair looks like I got electrocuted, it’s dry and full of knots and I smell like a horse just from walking up the street. On top of that we were planning to have a get together for my birthday on Friday but our friend Alex, the only one of us who owns a car and could drive us to and from, decided he cant make it Friday so we had to cancel!

It’s not so bad – I know. But I just feel like turning the clock back or forward and I’m trying not to look out the window… I'm just happy I'm at work and not really dealing. Otherwise I'd be throwing shit right about now.

2 comments:

Lizzle said...

Yucky is definitely a good word for those weather conditions... No fun!

Hope you have a happy birthday anyway!

Marcia said...

EWWW. Gross weather.

But. Happy almost birthdya!!