Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Passover and Easter y’all!

4 days weekends make me happy, even though we had to drive to the hospital Friday night because of weird white spots on my eye. But not to worry it’s only an infection of the cornea. It hurts like a mother fucker and the drops I got burn like hell but it appears I will be okay. If I can only get the hospital bill taken care of by my insurance.

My lovely hometown is being overrun by religious psychos both Jewish and Christian. The first being under the impression the temple is still there (was destroyed circa 70 AD) and they must come and sacrifice a lamb, and the latter crawling around Via Dolorosa with wooden crosses on their backs (apparently they didn’t hear the whole ‘I suffered so you don’t have to’ thing). But we’re not complaining (too much) it’s been a while since people were not afraid to come see us, and as Jerusalemites we understand that we need to oblige. Traffic around the old city is so bad people are camping on the sidewalks but that’s okay! (Also I don’t get why they’re reenacting the crucifixion on the day he allegedly came back from the dead..?)

1 comment:

Lizzle said...

Happy Easter/Passover!

As for the observances, people are weird... and uninformed!