Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Losing Hope

My friend NS is a total drama queen. He analyzes every little thing that happens or is said to him till there’s no meaning left. His latest obsession is that he will never find real love. He said he had it and lost it and he will never find it again. Now if there’s anything that should fill him with hope it would be me and Hubby. We both felt like lost causes until we met. I know what it feels like when you feel you’re not worthy of love and I know there’s almost nothing (save actual love) that can change your mind. NS decided he’s never going to feel that love again and is probably going to marry his ex-girlfriend/fuck buddy after accidentally getting her pregnant. This makes me so angry and sad. He lost hope. It might have to do with our friend AH who cheated on the so called love of her life and left him for another guy (we call him shit-stain). I can’t figure out if he’s challenging fate to prove him wrong or it’s for attention or he really feels that way. I just don’t understand why some one younger and a lot less fucked up than me just loses hope like this. Life is long and full of surprises, my older sister found love again at 40 and she’s a widow with 3 teenaged kids. How can I make him see…

1 comment:

Summer said...

Maybe you can tell him that it's not good to make decisions when so many things are going on. He obviously has had a blow to his self esteem, that's why he's talking like that. Supporting him is a good way to give him a boost. If he wants to be loved, let it be from the both of you-his pals! Good Luck : )