Monday, June 05, 2006

Welcome To Israel


Its so fucking hot the electrical company is scheduling supervised black out to try and keep up with the demand! Yesterday there were a reported 200 case of people stuck in elevators because of power failures! It was 37 Celsius today… that should be about 98.6 Fahrenheit according to Google. (But it’s a dry heat…) seriously - I was scared my shoes would melt!!! It’s the first time I have air conditioning at home in my life but it’s only in the living room dining room area so it doesn’t help us sleep… Plus my work place has a fucking dress code so I have to change in the elevator into a sleeved shirt. I forgave them the minute I walked into the wonderful AC, I think it’s about to snow in here, oh joy! All I want is to be home, on the couch in my short with the AC on and a big glass of freezing cold coke. And some watermelon. Thank you.

5 comments:

TsfatMarm said...

Make that a gin and tonic with lots of ice!

It's just too hot.

Add to that the winds that haven't stopped in days, and we've had brush fires filling the air with smoke. Last night at 1 am I had to *close the windows*, arrrrrrrgh, because the smoke was too close. Also had to close the windows this afternoon due to smoke.

I can't face the electric bill with a/c, so have just been doing the sit in front of the fan with my hair wet thing.

Ever try "neck buddies"? They're these cotton things stuffed with a water absorbing polymer that sits on your neck all damp. My dad sent me two from the States. Great for keeping your body temp normalized on the way to the a/c at work.

Okay, I don't have a dress code ;).

SarahReznor said...

i know - it's SO depressing - nahal amud is burning! so far the jerusalem area hasnt been hit but if it goes on... supposed to get better tomorrow...

neck buddies... hhmmm...

Angie T said...

Shit. I have to pay attention to the news. Hang in there ladies, and I hate to tell you that we've had gorgeous blue skies and 70 degree temps here in Chicago. But I'll be sweating my balls off soon.

Lizzle said...

It was 80 here today. Gorgeous... As you might have read, I went to the beach and it was EVERYTHING I thought it could be and more!

Unknown said...

It was 96 here in Austin, TX. WE have a little bit of humidity too. I am sorry about the fires. That sucks. My mom lives in Colorado and they get fires every year too, and it makes the air smoky and hard to breath.


Darth Va Jay Jay Putas