Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back to the Land of the Living

Hello all! I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m glad to be back. Yom Kippur is over and Rosh Pina was a bit disappointing to me, I have to say. We kinda just sat around and I wish we could’ve seen more of the area. Sunday night we drank a shit load and talked about stuff. I ended up getting really depressed and crying, I really don’t know why. It all felt kinda blah, like my life lately and I just didn’t really know what I was doing there. I was really happy to get home and as I told hubby it just shows how happy we are in that house and in our lives, we were away for one day and were glad to be home. Plus I ate so much I feel HUGE!



Although I’m pretty sure AT had something to do with how shitty I felt… On Friday we went to the market together – he offered to meet me there and take me home with the groceries. Sometime during the shopping he asked for 50 shekels, I never saw them again. Now he’s calling hubby about the trip expanses - he wants us to pay for half the beers (that cost him 80 shekels – I was there when he bought them) what about my 50 shekels? Now he saying he wants money for gas for the trip – fair enough. He told me it would be 300 back and forth and I told him I'd give him 150 and he started saying that its not fair coz there's 1 of him and 2 of us!!! We were walking in the market and this couple was in front of us and he goes "you know why I hate couples?" so I ask why and he starts telling me when I have a birthday he buys me a present and when mike has a birthday he buys him a present but when he has a birthday he gets only one present from us. WHAT THE FUCK??? I don’t get it. I asked him what was wrong and why was he doing this. I even asked him what can we do to make him feel better, what would he be comfortable with – he waved me off and said I had no idea how much he did NOT count.

2 comments:

Summer said...

I would have brought up the 50 you already gave him and said that you would be more than happy to square up for the rest. As for the 3rd person, you husband, splitting the gas...logic obviously defies him. You might not be able to win there.

I can see how he feels about the whole birthday present thing but, for him to bring it up was rude! I was brought up when you give a gift, it's because you care about a person enough to contribute to thier happiness on thier birthday. That's all. It's not a dollar amount!

I can say when I became part of a couple, I made sure that whatever the single person contributed to both of our gifts, I gave back in return. If he spent $50 on both of us, I would spend a $100 on his birthday. Even if it was just wrapped in ONE gift, he should know the value.

Um, can you tell that people have bitched to me about the same damn thing!

SarahReznor said...

see but i always give him more than 1 gift, last time i gave him a really cool bag and filled it with crap, the year before that i gave him 2 gifts. when i mentioned that he said - i always give you more than 1 gift too -LIAR!!!

whatever - a friend told me it probably wasnt about just the money, if it keeps happening i will sit him down for a talk!