Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Reflections

This time 2 years ago was pretty awesome. Mike and I were engaged and packing our bags for Cyprus to get married. (Yes, we had 2 weddings). We spent 5 days there bar hopping and sampling the local cuisine. The night before left a storm came into the bay and we had sea food while watching the waves crash on the restaurant’s windows.

This time last year hubby was unemployed and sunk into a bad depression. The bank made a huge mistake with the payment for our wedding loan and I was still paying for our honeymoon in Crete. Needless to say we were in deep shit. My mother and his mother took turns buying us food and paying our bills.

This year the pressure got to us, we’re tired and have aches and pains that cannot be explained. Hubby has trouble sleeping and I sleep too much. But the troubles seem to be behind us and we’re trying to focus on good things. Like family and Christmas and the fact we will have both at the same time.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Yeah, but at least you both have jobs :) and the holidays are coming. Besides, I have it on good authority that Santa can fix EVERYTHING!

SarahReznor said...

i think you might be right Summer!!!

Summer said...

And I would like to say that I still hate that we can't talk at work anymore. Well, when you're working, I mean. It just makes the day go by :)

Marcia said...

Honestly. 2 weddings? to a man you love so much? Who still loves you so much? You are so lucky.