Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years is for Other People

I had a great weekend. Woke up late on Friday and had a big breakfast with hubby, went for dinner at my parents – my mom made turkey! Hilarious! We walked back home, it’s quite a walk but it wasn’t too cold and we felt like getting some exercise. We saw my sister and her kids on the way and hubby’s sister and her husband as well. We spent the rest of the night on the couch watching Indiana Jones. We spent Saturday cleaning up and putting the Christmas stuff away. We made homemade pizza and hubby went to work so I watched 5 episodes of start trek before I passed out. Pretty awesome in my book.

I have bad luck with New Year celebrations. I think I haven’t had a good one in about 7 years. Last year I was sick as a dog watching the fireworks from my balcony. The year before hubby was drunk before midnight and wasn’t even there to kiss me, then I had to drag him home… need I say more? So I’m sitting this one out. I’m on antibiotics anyway and I can’t drink, I’m working till 11pm and hubby is working at the bar all night. That’s okay – I’m not in the partying mood anyway. I am however in the going out for a quiet beer mood, which I can’t do either because of this damn cold. I’m in need of a nice night out with my hubby. We’ll have to wait till after we pay rent though! And I’m pretty sure I’m going to get another week of antibiotics once my doctor looks at my sinus x-rays…


Anyway – I hope you all have a GREAT time tonight and a GREAT year!!!

No comments: