Sunday, January 14, 2007

Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends


I have become invisible. I have achieved the impossible. Only people with very sensitive eyesight can see me.

Sarcasm aside I had a great weekend with hubby and Saturday as he went to work I decided to go bar hopping alone. I used to do this a lot and I loved it. Jerusalem is a town where you can always find someone to talk to, wherever you are you’ll never be alone. I loved going out and talking to random people and hearing their stories. I thought I might try that last night as I was nowhere near sleepy and wanted to end the weekend well. I left hubby at Mike’s Place and I went to the Old Friend. I got the bitch treatment from Hillary. She spoke to me long enough to get a drink as I was sitting at the bar and then just went to her table without even saying bye. Daniela was nice to me for 2 seconds and then disappeared to some table. I got out of there without even ordering. Right then a friend of mine from back in the day called saying she was on the way to Stardust so I went down the street and waited for 1 hour talking to some hippy named Ben – he was nice. Turns out she was there the whole time and we missed each other. (The Stardust is as big as the average bathroom). I joined her at her table and the ‘friends’ she was with. They never said hi, never asked my name, never tried to make me part of the conversation, they never even looked at me. I went outside for 2 minutes to talk to hubby and when I came back, my dear friend basically told me to fuck off, I told her I’m gonna stay and hang out, she said actually, she wants to hang out with them as she hadn’t seen them in 2 weeks (I hadn’t seen her in about 4 months) and she promised them she’d hang out. (What I think happened was while I was out there, the nice people at the table let her know she came out with them and why is she talking to that weird girl that just showed up when she’s supposed to hang out with us). I haven’t felt like this since 6th grade when I was the last one to be picked for dodge ball.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People are assholes. I've cut off most of my friends recently and even though I'm bored a lot, I'm happier.

Unknown said...

I hate it when people are shallow. It sucks but it shows what kind of people they truly are.

Summer said...

Fuck'em! You can find new friends.

But, I'm sorry that anyone was meant to you.