Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Exploits of NS in the Land of Alcohol

Most of you know my good friends NS, if you don’t and you have spare time go here, here, here and especially here.

In the past year or so NS has started drinking a lot. Not that he didn’t drink before but I think his body is starting to send signals of abuse lately. Like blacking out for instance…

Friday night we were all out, hubby and me with NS and then we met up with AT and his new awesome girlfriend at Mike’s. We had a great time but one thing about not going out for a while is everyone is happy to see you and they give you free shots. Now I like free shit as much as the next guy but I think every time there is free alcohol involved, things did not end well.

We started at the Blue Hole, got free shots of Jameson for the bartender, a friend we hadn’t seen in a while, and some beers. Then we moved to Mike’s where AT was working and his girlfriend was visiting. The bartender there, D, another friend was grateful about me sewing a patch on a shirt for him and poured me a double shot of Bushmills. A bit later on he was just having a good time with us so he poured us shots of Jim Bean… during that time I was drinking beers. I lost track of what hubby and NS were drinking pretty early in the evening (not a good thing considering) but everyone seemed to have a good time so what the heck. At one point AT and I decided we’re changing blacking out to time traveling, it’s more politically correct.

Anyway, I started feeling really bad around 3am I think. My stomach problems prevent me from drinking that much but I get carried away. Plus my liver is not what it used to be these days. I remember having a really serious conversation with NS and I think I remember the overall theme but that’s about it. NS doesn’t remember the theme, just that we talked! He also doesnt remember coming on to D's new girlfriend... Anyway hubby and AT took me home, I managed to eat something but I woke up a few hour later and spent about 45 minutes on the freezing cold floor of the bathroom with my head down the toilet.

After we left NS moved on back to the Blue Hole, he was already pretty fucked up so he decided to only have cognac. Next thing he remembers he was giving this girl a head massage and trying to avoid kissing her coz she’s a virgin. He didn’t stay in Jerusalem and have breakfast and sober up, he decided he was fine and drove home to Tel Aviv, next thing he remembers after that he was doing 220kmh in a 100kmh zone!!! That was Friday.

Sunday night, he met a friend he’s had a fight with a long time ago. They decided to talk it out and be friends again. He woke up Monday in his car at 7:30am because a truck driver was knocking on his window asking him to move his car so he could get through.

Last night he went to his favorite bar in Tel Aviv. Some girl he knew had broken up with her boyfriend, who was sitting right there and NS was just acting like a concerned friend asking her how she’s holding up. The ex boyfriend, who was sitting right there, got pissed off and told NS to back off his ex or he’ll "break every bone in his body". NS, having had a few said go ahead. The jealous ex boyfriend grabbed NS trying to throw him out of the bar, (NS is very scrawny) tore his shirt (one of my favorites) and was only stopped by the other bar goers, including the girl, who split them up and apologized profusely.

The worst thing about all this is, I got him a flask for Christmas and AT got him a whisky decanter… Oy vey…

2 comments:

Angie T said...

Two things: One, I'm totally "borrowing" the time travel euphemism for blacking out, and two: doesn't an ice cold bathroom floor feel amazingly good when your working through a monster hangover?

SarahReznor said...

it actually does feel good but it felt a lot better crawling back under the covers!