Tuesday, March 27, 2007

So I got confirmation today that my mom is not doing Seder at home this year and they were all invited by some friends of my brothers. Basically, I got nowhere to go. My religious sister won’t allow my non Jewish husband at her Seder table and my other sister, well I try not to spend too much time with her since she’s psychotic. Besides she’s probably going to go to my in laws teaching Seder and I don’t really feel like dressing up in biblical attire and listening to stories about Jesus for 5 hours on one of the most important Jewish holidays, thank you very much. So hubby and I are on our own and we’re probably going to skip the whole thing and get burgers at Mike’s. Just to give y’all and idea this is kinda like going to KFC for thanksgiving dinner… this is really not helping my mood, this and hubby having to work on St Pats… whatever… at least I’m getting 4 days off for the holiday, I need it! I am burned out. Some days I don’t even know how I survive this 8 hours a day without killing certain people. Can’t I just stay in bed till the planets realign and things get less stressful…?

5 comments:

Mrs. David Lee Roth said...

Sorry to hear that. Why not do your own Seder? I hear ya on the psychotic sisters. They are a bitch.

Unknown said...

Yeah, you guys should do something fancy just to 2 of you! Maybe even make it a new tradition or something - could be tons of fun!

I've never been a huge Thanksgiving person, HOWEVER - one year me & my family didn't feel like doing anything for Thanksgiving (besides, in Canada it's not nearly as big a deal as it is in the US) so we made - get this - HAMBURGER HELPER for dinner LOL

AND WE ACTUALLY REGRETTED IT! The next weekend my mom ended up making a huge Thanksgiving dinner to make up for it, so I don't know why we didn't just do it in the first place....LOLOLOLOL

PS I have no sisters, and after reading so many things on your guys' different blogs, I'm kinda glad LOL - I have one older brother - he's got MANY MANY issues, but he's not psychotic, and he's basically a good guy, so even though I wouldn't have DREAMED of saying this when I was a kid, I guess I got lucky in the sibling department LOL

SarahReznor said...

Seder is such a complicated thing to do, there's like 30 different dishes that symbolize different things, a bunch of blessings and you have to read this huge Hagadah that tells the story of Israel in Egypt… it’s not fun without everyone making jokes and getting drunk, that’s the fun part of it, the togetherness!

Anonymous said...

Ugh...your psycho sister and mine should get together and concoct stories together. Fuck. I hate my sister.

anyhooooooo, I think you guys should do something nice together for the holiday. It's something you guys can start and keep up when you have kids or whatever. Although, maybe just the getting drunk part is what you need? Screw the food! Bring on the booze!!!!

Bloody Whore said...

HOOOORRAAAYY!! for psycho sisters!!!

That really sucks, Sarah. You guys should just cook a special dinner and eat it. why no?