Sunday, May 20, 2007

Recap

Wednesday – woke up to a weird grey spring day and a chance of rain, when I left the house, wearing only a sweatshirt, there was a bit of a drizzle. By the time I got on my second bus the drizzle turned into a full blown hurricane. I ended up with 6 other people under a bus stop watching the street turn into a river. Cars had to stop on the side of the road because the water was rising too fast. After 30 minutes 3 of us decided to make a run for it. It’s a 5 minute walk downhill to the building. I started running and half way remembered that episode of myth-busters that proved you get more wet running in the rain. It was too late anyway, I was soaked and standing in front of the fucking Nile. Our building in at the bottom of the hill and as we all know, water likes low places. The parking lot around the building was flooded, you couldn’t see the cars’ tires! I ran through it, at one point I had water up to my knee, I shit you not. I have great co-workers though, everyone gave me their spare clothes and hubby came towards the end of the day with a bunch of clean clothes.

Thursday – had the day off for the wedding, got a hair cut – a lot shorter than I’m used to but my hair really needed it. The wedding was awesome, no dramas, managed to make sure hubby didn’t get to drunk and stayed on the right side of alcohol.


Friday – nice quiet day, hubby was working and I stayed home and relaxed. Made roast chicken and mash potatoes.


Saturday – kinda depressed, Nir decided to hop over to J-town and cheer me up, after 3 beers I realized I hadn’t eaten anything since noon and that’s when hubby got off early and got me a double shot of Jameson’s. Then I remember a supermarket, a taxi, grilled cheese and a family guy episode.


Sunday – bit hung over but not too bad, gonna go read Dlisted now.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh haircut, post pics! LOL

Do you ever talk to Vanina? You've no doubt seen her around mine & other people's blogs - anyway she lives in Argentina & a few months ago (or maybe not even THAT long ago) they had a similar rain situation to yours - MAN! We had a brutal rain storm here like last summer or the summer before, roads covered, rain almost up to the tops of cars, etc - but it's a TOTAL freak thing, RARELY happens here - it does in OTHER parts of Canada, but rarely where I am (in Ontario, SMACK DAB in the middle of Canada LOL)

BTW, I love the pic with this post - looks like a tat! ;)

Unknown said...

oh, and I HAVE to ask - which Family Guy episode? I can usually quote them word for word, so I gotta know which one LOLOLOL

SarahReznor said...

ugh.. i was SO drunk... let me see... the one with the cat launcher!

"you gave me canadian bacon instead of bacon! this mistake cannot go inpunished! pizza delivery guy - prepare to met your maker at the hand of my cat launcher!"

oh and i do read vaninaland sometimes - she cool. the pic, it's the slipknot symbol, i'm thinking of getting it tatted because 1. i love them and 2. it's an S.

Jay said...

Funny how you only remembered the myth busters episode AFTER you ran and were soaked. Maybe you should make yourself some cue cards.

Brunhilda said...

Yes - what is it with the torrential rains? I guess we get them sometimes here, but not that often.

That would be a cool tat. I'm pondering one for my 30th.

Bloody Whore said...

I love rain, I don't mind getting soaked in the rain.

Unknown said...

oh I remember that Fam Guy ep, in fact I saw it just the other day! And OF COURSE, being Canadian, I laughed a LOT LOLOLOLOLOL

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

You lost me at the part where you left the house in only a sweatshirt. What kinda dress codes y'all got going on out there??? They all gave you clothes because you were under dressed, not because you were wet :) I tell ya :) Glad you survived, though!!

I hate to ask what you wore to the wedding :)