Sunday, May 06, 2007

Top 10

Thursday night I got out of work and Nir (Nir is NS, I’m sick f using initial – it’s way too complicated) was waiting for me outside, he got into town right around the time I finished work and thought I might need a ride. I love my friends. Anyway, I looked like shit and was thinking of having a quiet night at home but ended up at the Blue Hole meeting old friends and chatting about important things like your favorite song/album/music. I seriously have to say it was one of the best nights I’ve had lately, I love the hole but I have a bit of a problem paying 20 shekels for a fucking Goldstar. Though the music does get better when I show up...

You know those late night/early morning pub conversations about the most influential album etc…? I get tired of people asking me to write down the 10 best albums of all times, it’s impossible to do! It‘s way too much pressure considering I have about 200 CDs at home! So we were talking with Nir and the bartender Itai who’s a sweetheart by the way, I asked them to write down the 10 songs that made an impact on their personal lives. Seemed to be a lot easier! Except I was so drunk and tired at that point that it took me 10 minutes to remember one Nine Inch Nails song so my list was pretty short. Considering I spent a big part of my adult life drunk, it was a lot harder than I thought. Let me give it another try…

U2 – Ultra Violet
Nine Inch Nails – Mr. Self Destruct
David Bowie – Thursday’s Child
Slipknot – Before I Forget
Manic Street Preachers – Prologue To History
Tool – 46 and 2
A Perfect Circle – Judith
The Smiths – Never Had No One Ever

Gah!!! That’s all I came up with… I owe you two.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh shit, i'd have a hard time coming up with 2..... well, the 2 that come to mind immediately are OK Computer and Fuzzy Logic......shit, yeah, this will take me WAY too long, I'll hurt myself if I try to think up mroe right now LOLOLOL

Unknown said...

Oh shit, i'd have a hard time coming up with 2

um, that was supposed to say coming up with a list - guess I was already thinking of the number 2....LOL

Brunhilda said...

Hmmmmmm . . . hard one.

Drop Dead Legs - Van Halen
Purple Rain - Prince
Better Days - Goo Goo Dolls
Smile - Lily Allen
Let Him Fly - Dixie Chicks
When You Were Young - The Killers
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Crazy - Gnarls Barkly
Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
Anything You Want, You Got It - Roy Orbison

I don't know if those are the ultimate most important, but pretty damn important esp. at the moment.

Anonymous said...

*fans self*


Ohhhh, don't get me started on 46 and 2!!!! *fans self faster* Oh that song totally blew my mind!!!!

Shit. Now I can't think....