Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stoners and Sea Breams

The thing about extreme situations like the one we’re in is you can’t really be dealing the whole time, it’s too much for you system. So you go from normal to pissed off to laughing hysterically to crying your eyes out. That was my weekend.

If I believed in god I would thank him every day for giving me a friend like Nir. He’s the only reason I can afford to see NIN and as you all know he’s been paying our bar checks for months. So Friday Mike worked till 6pm and right before he got home Nir called me and said "Blue Hole tonight" that was enough for me – god knows we needed it. So we had a lot of alcohol and laughed a lot and got rid of all the yucky feeling of the past week.

The cat – OMG… before we went out Friday sis in law and her husband showed up to say goodbye coz they were leaving the next day. She was fucked up… I don’t know if it was more than hash and I hope not… she’s not even supposed to touch that stuff, we proved last year it makes even sicker! Anyway, she said she needed to see Lynx and went to the back room and started crying hysterically. Then she said she was going to take Lynx with her to the US. Which I’m fine with but my mother in law said no way and sis in law is just in a manic state and doesn’t know what she saying. You know how she said he cat was allergic to all cat food known to man? I’ve been giving her regular cat food and chicken and she’s fine! That girl is crazy, she was looking at the cat saying the cat in nauseous and she doesn’t know why. How do you know when a cat is nauseous, can someone tell me…?!?!? And I swear she was more upset about the freaking cat than leaving her brother, she was there to say goodbye to us and she walks out the door like she’s gonna see us tomorrow… WTF? You’re leaving for good! Fucking stoner… The sad thing was for the time that sis in law was there, Lynx was happy and calm, right when she left she resumed the howling and hasn’t stopped since. I haven’t slept a whole night since we got that fucking thing. I feel so bad for her, I wish I could find someone to take care of her…

So today mom and dad in law took us to lunch, it’s their 34th anniversary. We went to the restaurant Mike works at and it was awesome. The food was absolutely amazing! I was even more proud of my hubby :) I had fish (apparently called a gilthead bream) with yogurt sauce, Mike had a steak with mushroom sauce, that thing was like butter! We had a great time! And it was nice to see Mike’s parents relax. Can you imagine? They have to liquidate their lives before Tuesday..! Luckily they already sold most of the furniture and the car. What a nightmare.

To end on a good note, Mike’s favorite punk band NOFX are coming to Israel for 2 shows and I couldn’t be happier for him. So I get to see NIN and he gets to NOFX! It’s perfect! The show in J-town is on the day of the NIN concert too – LOL! Now I feel less guilty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had fun with you today babe.. and we should be getting rid of the gray shit machine tomorrow.. thanx for being there for me thru all this shit. mwah!

SarahReznor said...

You're welcome boo! Hey everybody - say hi to Mike!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh!! Hi Mike!!!! You are a very lucky man you know!!!


Sorry about that cat. I don't know if I could take that. I love animals but damn!!!!

You are going to have so much fun at NIN! I hope you get to touch Trent!

Brunhilda said...

The sis has clearly driven the cat crazy. Yes.

How fun, concerts for all!

Melissa said...

I agree with jess, the crazy rubbed off on the cat LOL. sorry she was rather inconsiderate though - yes, some stoners really suck like that.

sorry for the whole situation with your in-laws, I know it must be stressful for you. big ol' yay for good friends and good food.

hi mike! :)