Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Tale of Two Kitties

Ugh... I’m getting that ‘I don’t wanna deal and just wanna get drunk’ feeling again. I wonder why!!!

Mike’s sister is dropping off her cat at my house tonight. Can’t remember if I told y’all the story so if I did – skip to the next paragraph. If not - here it is: Right around the time we got Josie we had a very rich friend. A guy Mike knew. He had made a bunch of money, can’t remember how, and bought a very expensive apartment in Jerusalem and a very expensive cat. Persian with a grey coat cost him about $1000, as a kitten. I loved that cat right away and he asked if we could cat-sit for a couple of weeks as he was leaving the country and had no one to help him with the cat. Josie was still a kitten so we didn’t mind, we took the cat to our apartment and the two kittens had a blast. They would wrestle for hours and then fall asleep together – SO cute! But a few days later we got a phone call from the dude. He had just caught his dad cheating on his mom and he was leaving for the states to be with his mom and work shit out. He told us we could keep the cat. Since we had a tiny apartment with room mates and a cat of our own we gave the Persian to Mike’s sister who named her Lynx. Everything was fine until they decided to move to Eilat. I don’t know why, but they decided not to take her. They took the dog, but not her. Anyway, she gave the cat to some guy who took her apartment. 3 months later we get a call from a guy, who lives at that place, says there’s a grey cat who won’t leave and can w come get her. Turns out the fucker who took her threw a party about 2 days after he moved in, Lynx ran away and never came back. He moved out of the house after 2 weeks and Lynx showed up, half bald, skinny as hell to the place she knew after spending 3 months out in the street… so we took her to my parents and they fed up and cuddled her for a few days until Mike’s sister took her back. NOW – they’re leaving to the US so that poor kitty is homeless again. When I heard that I told Mike we’re taking her and Josie will just have to get used to it. That poor kitty has been through enough already!

Anyway I’m leaving work only to supervise the meeting of the kitties. I’m sure Josie will be okay with it even if she’s pissed for a while. She’ll still be the queen of the house. and Lynx lived with a dog before so she’s not picky.

Besides that, we went to spend time with my in laws yesterday and it was really hard. They gave us a bunch of stuff they’re getting rid of. I stole my favorite Christmas decorations and a few kitchen items. They’re giving us their coffee table that I love. I’m so happy! After a couple of hours I started to just wanna leave. I used to be able to handle emotional situations like these but lately it’s jut too much. Especially considering this is the third time we have to do this.


UPDATE: I didn’t just get a new cat. I got a new fucking problem. What my dear sister in law forgot to share is that Lynx is allergic to all cat food except this hypoallergenic stuff and on top of that she has some fungus that means she can’t be in contact with us or Josie for at least 1 week. It just keeps getting better.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait. I'm confused.

Your sister is leaving and your inlaws are leaving? And everyone is coming to the U.S. but you guys? Everyone is giving you pets and furniture but, leaving you behind!

OR am I just being dramatic?

Melissa said...

kitties! I know josie will adjust - but let's hope she adjusts better than my older one did to her little sister. ugh.

SarahReznor said...

Summer - It's Mike's sister but yeah, you got the point.

Meli - I hope so, right now she just smells her, they havent met yet...

Brunhilda said...

Oh poor kitty. Will she get better?

Anonymous said...

Oh no!!!! The poor cat!!! I feel bad for all of you!

SarahReznor said...

She's already doing better since the stay at my parents. I told sis in law to find her a home. I feel bad for her but she needs more than we can give her... Josie is very independent and she's used to us being at work all the time. Lynx needs so much attention now, that we can't give her. I wish I had a bigger place where I could just let her find her place...