Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Origins of Sarah Reznor

Since nothing (absolutely fucking nothing) interesting is happening in my life I thought I should tackle a few universal subjects on the sector to keep y’all interested.

You all know Reznor is not my real last name and like a lot of people online I remain partially anonymous by using Trent’s last name as my own. And while like Pookie Sixx and Mrs. David Lee Roth the name does come from my eternal devotion to that animal fucking band and its creator, that’s not how it started.

A few years ago Ariane and I were sitting at the D1 pub getting our drunk on and there was a young man by the name of Zahi DJ-ing that night. We were busy working on our next alcohol coma when a Nine Inch Nails song started playing. Now, this might seem like a normal thing to you guys but for some reason hardly anyone plays NIN in bars here, you might hear some at a party but not in a bar. So Ariane and I got up right away and went to check who made our dreams come true and our night worthwhile and that’s how we met Zahi. That very night we talked about NIN a lot and he found out I was missing one album in my collection (Broken). He looked through his the CD’s he had there, found the one I needed and gave it to me. I told him I’d burn it and give it back but he said no way, burning NIN is a sacrilege and this is a present, you deserve it. No matter what I said he wouldn’t take it back.

So we started hanging out with Zahi and he quickly became one of our favorite people. When it came time to exchange phone numbers he took mine and saved it as Sarah Reznor, to better remember who I was. It quickly snowballed and Sarah Reznor is on a lot of cell phones in J-town. People know me as the die hard NIN fan and not necessarily Mrs. Trent Reznor although some people, who shall remain nameless for their own safety, are still convinced it would be better for everyone (especially Mike) if Trent and I never met. If you know what I mean… The NOTHING tat I got a couple of years ago only made matters worse…

So that’s it. Then Pookie came up with Rez and I started using La Reznor because of La Lohan and La Lopez I thought it was cool. Then there’s also SR and Mrs. Reznor. To me Sarah Reznor is just me, no apologies, no sugarcoating, say what the fuck I want and deal with it. Even thought I try to do that every day, I learned to tone myself down a bit so I can have friends/relationships/a job. But I still love my alter ego ;)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

well that's a damn cool story. :) and what a cool dj he is for giving that to you. a rarity.

SarahReznor said...

Guys like Zahi are rare, he's amazing.

Unknown said...

I love cool DJs. There was one at the club I used to frequent back in my day - Nicholas Picholas (terrible name, great guy lol) - he would ALWAYS play my requests, specifically one song I requested EVERY WEEKEND. You'd think he'd get annoyed, but no - eventually he'd just see me at the club, play it, and dedicate it to me. Didn't ahve to request it anymore.

Awesome. lol

(Oh, that song was "Leave Them All Behind" by Ride - my all-time favourite song. Not that it matters, but hey....LOL)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's a cool story! So cool that he gave you Broken too. Do you have the Downward video that has some footage from when Broken was recorded? Specifically the Marylin Manson stuff???? Really cool!!!


Anywhooooo, I love my alter ego too. No one at work or in my little social circle knows me as POOKIE. They know of my love of Sixx though :) Ohhhh, if they only knew....But, I will say this as for the ever meeting my Husband...I always say to every guy I have ever been with: I will be 100% faithful. Unless...by some strange chance, Nikki Sixx ever walks over to us and says to me, "I must bang you right now." sorry, I'm going to drop my pants and hop on the table. sorry...


Some didn't mind. One had a fit. He didn't last. :)

Unknown said...

this pic made me think of you LOL

http://www.forumsextreme.com/imgs1/fSW_JointheDarkside.jpg

jamie said...

I was going to say something pertaining to the post, but I caught a glimpse of that pic under your links and I got all fangirly and forgot what it was.

I'm sure it'll come back to me later, lol.