Thursday, November 01, 2007

Update Time!

1. Between the new recruits at work and the kippah I have to crochet for my brother I had no time to blog. I’m very angry at my supervisor for promoting a certain person to our team, I don’t have a problem with him I just don’t think he fits the bill and oh, yeah, he’s a moron.

2. Halloween in J-town sucks. The Old Friend had a Giants of Metal night, Mike’s Place had a Halloween party but I was at the Blue Hole with Edwin and it was a regular Wednesday night. No decorations, no special drink, just 1 waitress with devil horns and she took it off real quick when she noticed she was the only one.

3. The Greek play that is Mike’s job continues. Let me try to sum up – last month Sheli ended up in the hospital and wasn’t working for 3 weeks, got her ass fired and rehired. All this time Mike and the others had to cover for her working endless shifts, the longer being 17 hours long at the end of which the chef burned her arm really bad and ended up in the ER. Now that things got a bit better Keren walked out or was fired, no one’s sure, and Mike has to cover for her tonight and god knows how many other nights. He was supposed to have a well deserved day off but no… Hey, at least he’s making a lot of money.

4. Just found photos of my boss from last night wearing a school girl uniform reinforcing the theory that Halloween (and Purim) are just excuses for some women to dress as slutty as possible.

5. Only 53 days till Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Brunhilda said...

I was a mildy slutty Elvira. Slutty, yet classy. lol

Bonnie Blue said...

no dressing up for me but sounds like you had a nice night and things are going well. Glad to hear it :)

Melissa said...

sorry mike doesn't get any time off, that sucks. even with the extra money, the stress and fatigue don't totally make up for that. :(

and I agree on #4. I saw way too many inappropriate looking teenage girls runnin around. pathetic.

Anonymous said...

"excuses for some women to dress as slutty as possible"

Exactly why it's my favorite day of the year ;)

Hopefully Mike will get a break soon....go buy him something. Sounds like he deserves a nice surprise.