Monday, October 16, 2006

I Gotta Get Outa This Place...

I don’t know why, maybe it’s just a phase, but I am sick of work lately. And I don’t mean the regular “I hate my job” vibe everyone gets – I can’t explain it. I guess this is my limit. Maybe it’ll pass. I just feel like crying every time I think about work and I was never like this. It’s not a great job but I liked it and I loved the paycheck and the people.

My cubicle neighbor, the Cuban who keeps cursing Castro and every customer he deals with, I didn’t use have a problem with him. I mean – he annoys me but I ignore him most of the time and talk to him about his anger issues when I have patience. lately – I feel like strangling him and I find myself praying for Castro to die already so he can go back to Cuba!!!

The girl in front of me who is always cold but never brings a sweater and every day complains about the AC and the weather and compares the temperature inside to the weather outside. I wanna yell at her to bring a fucking sweater – usually I just nod.

The new girl from Chile with her winy voice asking me STUPID questions and when it’s not about work it’s Hebrew grammar. And why does every fucking sentence begin with “Sarah, can I ask you a question?” YOU’RE GONNA ASK IT ANYWAY!!!

Maybe it’s the fact that every fucking day there something else we’re not doing and should be doing or something we’re going to do from now on. Like for instance because one guy on my team doesn’t give a shit and was reading with his feet on the table they decided nobody reads anything ever, no books no magazines no newspaper, even if there are no calls and no work and you’re just fucking sitting there. Or the fact that one day they decided you can’t have your cell phone on if you’re at your desk. Or chat online. or play online games. Or watch videos online. when the people in the department downstairs do all those things and no one says anything to them .The fact that one department cannot handle the call volume so my department have to take their calls and deal with their shit and do their work. And every day it’s something else.

Maybe it is just a phase…

3 comments:

Lizzle said...

ICK! Sounds like you've got TWS! (Toxic Workplace Syndrome) Yeah sure everyone has that periodic yearning to work someplace else, but then there are those working environments that just drive normal people bonkers with their arbitrary rules and consistent stupidity... My suggestion is to find something else if you can and move along! (Stay put if you don't think you can find something new though, because unemplyoment is worse thant TWS!)

Unknown said...

I had this too when I worked in a call center. I wound up quitting cause I couldnt take the dumbshitness anymore. Try a bank! The hours are waaaay better, and usually the pay is too! And I love my coworkers, well for the most anyways

Summer said...

Oh no! Work sucks. Does this mean we can't chat at work anymore? Nothing, nada?!