Sunday, April 15, 2007

Drink and Dial

I had a bad weekend, was feeling pretty depressed lately and I forgot my glasses at work Thursday night, I know it sounds stupid but I had a meltdown. I can’t do ANYHTING without my glasses. Except maybe watch TV and drink. I didn’t know they were at work, for all I knew I’d lost them in the bus and had to get new ones. Which meant until I got new ones, which I can’t pay for right now, I couldn’t even work. So I overreacted, ever felt like the universe/karma/god is fucking with you? Well, I’ve been feeling that a lot lately!!!

I would also like to say I have the best husband in the world. No matter what I throw at him, he deals with it, he really is the best. Sometimes I wonder how these guys deal with us when we get emotional, (don’t know about you girls but I’m a nightmare) they must really like us.

So Saturday I went to work with him, he made me the best bacon and mushroom pizza I’ve ever had in my life. And I drank a bunch of beer, forgetting about my glasses and the fact that I’m being punished by karma for some reason. I went to the Blue Hole, hadn’t been there alone in a while, I used to fucking live there a few year ago and it still feels great walking in. It’s like my Cheers. By the time I had to catch the bus I was feeling much better.

So I called AH (see here anf here). She answered, didn’t she will, she was watching Death to Smoochy with the commentary. That made feel all fuzzy inside. To be honest, I just miss her. I know a lot of bad shit has gone down between us and then we kinda made up but it’s been so long and I’m really low on real friends lately. Seriously she’s the only real best friend I’ve ever had, someone who knows me so well and gets me and vice versa. It took us so long to become that, we went through so much shit together and god knows I never open up to anyone anymore. I just miss that. And I gotta say, I really don’t see myself going through that with someone else ever again. I’m too old to make new best friends! And I’m sick of feeling like I’m being punished. So even if we don’t become what we used to be, at least I’ll have someone who laughed at my jokes.

4 comments:

Brunhilda said...

Glad you called her. It is so very hard to make new friends when you get older, isn't it. I'm so glad I found Kat here lately. BTW Death to Smoochy is freaking awesome!

SarahReznor said...

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was gonna get some critisism (her and in real life) for calling her...

Brunhilda said...

Well, you're the only one who can decide if her friendship is worth it. My oldest and dearest best friend is a bit of a flake, always standing me up and bringing drama on herself by picking the wrong men, but at the end of the day I love her. I'd rather have her and her shit than be without it, you know.

SarahReznor said...

yep. freedom is chosing your own shit!