Tuesday, July 03, 2007

TAG! From Mrs Roth

Gotta say - it was hard thinking of 8 random facts...

* We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I hate cilantro. I hate it. I don’t even understand how it can be considered food. I hate the smell, taste and even the name! It smells like rotting corpses to me, I’m very sorry if I offended your culture but it sucks.

2. When I was 5 a door slammed on my ring finger and chopped it in half. I was literally holding the tip of my finger in my other hand. The doctors had to sew it back without any anesthetic and I don’t remember much of it except I kept trying to rung away and I jumped off the bed and ran out into the hall to find my mother but she wasn’t there and they caught me… I don’t remember why my mom wasn’t with me, I should ask her. They did a great job though, I have a nasty scar on the inside but my nail is perfect.

3. I have an unhealthy obsession with crime. Crime books, crime shows and documentaries. It might be a problem but I blame my sister, she’s always reading spy and crime novels and always told me storied when I was a kid. I love CSI and Law and Order, I love crimelibrary.com and court TV. Some days I scare myself…

4. Speaking of unhealthy obsessions – cults. I love that shit. I love reading and hearing about how people can fool themselves into believing the most ridiculous crap if they really want to. I mean thetans? Really? Come on dude!

5. I used to be religious. Not ultra orthodox but religious. I used to pray 3 times a day and wear skirts. I fasted 6 times a year and did all the holiday crap. Matzo on Passover, candles on Hanukah. I still do a lot of the holiday stuff but more as a tradition thing. Now I also do Christmas and Thanksgiving. I don’t believe in God anymore but I’m realizing now I don’t think I ever really did.

6. I hate yellow. And pink. The funny thing is I remember having a bright yellow T-shirt when I was in high school (it was 1989 – give me a break) and I remember having bright pink clothes earlier when I was a kid. My favorite color is definitely green. I have phases when I have to buy smtg green and it doesn’t really matter what. It’s like an OCD thing. I have a bright green plush dog, a green tin box, a green lighter and a green plastic mixing bowl from moments like this.

7. When I was a kid my favorite toys were cars and robots. I had a Playmobil space ship I got for Hanukah – I loved that thing. I always wanted to pirate ship with the island and the treasure but I never got it so I’m waiting to have a kid so I can buy it for them. Then when my brothers were born for some reason my parents decided my toys would go to them and they destroyed everything except a small model of a firebird I rescued…

8. I cant lie. I’m really bad at it. I’m like a bad sitcom character, I twitch and sweat and I end up spilling the beans. I think it’s mostly because I’m scared of the consequences. Anyway – don’t ask me to lie for you coz I suck!


I tag…
1. Jenner
2. Daya
3. Liz
4. Naughty Voyeur
5. Trish (where are you girl?)
6. Summer
7. Marcia
8. Scissors Happy

8 comments:

Bloody Whore said...

oh...damn you for tagging me!! LOL LOL

Brunhilda said...

I love cilantro. Who doesn't love a good true crime show or a doucmentary about a cult?

Daya - bonnie tagged you too. Hee hee. That's why I didn't.

Unknown said...

Gotta say - it was hard thinking of 8 random facts...


That's why this will take me a while to do! LOLOLOL

My friend hates cilantro too. I LOVE IT. I've been known to stand in the supermarket just smelling it & smelling it...I always buy what I'm smelling though...LOL

I LOVE those crime stories too. LOVE THEM. One of my all-time favourite books is Helter Skelter. I don't watch any of the Law & Order stuff, BUT I DO love all the A&E stuff, ESPECIALLY Cold Case Files. A&E is one reason why I miss having cable LOL

I used to HATE pink, and while green is (also!) my favourite colour, always has been, a good 50% of my clothes are pink - not sure why...the more obnoxious the pink, the better LOLOL

Now, see, I won't be able to think of any of my OWN, but I can relate to a lot of YOURS LOLOLOL

Unknown said...

Oh GOOD! I needed something to blog about!!! This gives me a post that I don't have to worry about coming up with my own topic for!!!

scissors happy said...

SHIT. i don't even think i know 8 people with blogs . . . and those i do know are such curmudgeons i bet they wont participate. but i will post my randomness later.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

let's try that again...

I like cilantro in moderation. I also wanted to write on mine that I don't believe in god... not in any kind of traditional sense anyway, and kudos to you for saying so. I also love crime and I also like going to ogrish.com and rotten.com once in a while and seeing the reality of tragedy.

and by the way, hi! I know I don't comment much at all, but I love to read your stuff!

Summer said...

OMG! I missed this tag. I need to get back to blogging.