Sunday, November 25, 2007

Less Facebooking, More Blogging!

Thursday – woke up, got some coffee and went to the open market. Got a ton of food and headed back to the house. Then we cooked for about 5 hours straight – holy shit. I knew it wasn’t going to be easy but by the end my feet hurt, my back hurt and I really didn’t want anything to eat! But – the dinner was great, everyone enjoyed the food, the stuffed turkey breast was amazing! One small thing – we had no wine because Nir didn’t show up… he’s gonna pay – do not worry. Crazy sis was an absolute angel, she came early and helped us with everything from cooking to setting the table. Mike and her were a bit sad, it was he first thanksgiving without her parents, but altogether the night was a success.

Friday – woke up, cleaned the house, mike was at work from fucking 5am – they run this restaurant like mob op I swear. We were supposed to get together to set up the Christmas tree and decorate the house. Crazy sis showed up early, then her husband showed up, and Mike was late. I had a mini breakdown. I’d had horrid nightmares all the night before and it put me in a very bad mood. Then crazy sis’s husband asked to use the shower, shaved and left his nasty stubble in the sink. Then he helped himself to leftovers without even asking. He went on the computer and logged into his facebook, again without asking, so I snapped. I turned off the computer, turned off the light in the computer room and closed the door. Motherfucker was back there 5 minutes later, turned the computer back on and went online again! Mike showed up shortly after and was ready to tell them to go home but I got out of my funk and we got the tree up.

Saturday – the living room looked like Christmas exploded in it. I had some coffee in my new snowman mug crazy sis got me and continued decorating the house, watched some TV and had some leftovers. Then I realized I hadn’t been out since I got sick last and I called up Daniel and he was more than happy to join me. I thought I was just gonna drink and vent but I turned out to be an amazing night! Met a bunch of friends and my niece Rachel, drank a lot of beer and Mike even joined us when he finished work. Got to bed at 4am and therefore I’m hungover, but it was worth it.

All I have to do now is get into the Xmas spirit…

4 comments:

Melissa said...

the holidays are so my favorite time of the year, I don't know that I COULDN'T get in the christmas spirit. I want to cry just thinking about it LOL.

sorry you had some stress, but I am so glad for you that all the food turned out well. and for 7 people. that's a huge accomplishment. and you get better at planning year after year so you aren't standing for 5 hours. at least you try to. ;P

Marcia said...

wait, can we be facebook friends? :)

Unknown said...

I see by the title of this post that you are experiencing what every person I know who has been on facebook has - THE ADDICTION. Everyone I know went through MAJOR facebook addiction for the 1st month or 2. It wears off, promise...LOL

Brunhilda said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay for the most part. That damned facebook.