Thursday, April 03, 2008

Recipe!


It’s been a while but last night Mike and I made the best beef stir fry… so here goes.

1 pound beef cut in thin slices (very thin, paper thin)
2 carrots cut in thin batons
1 cup chopped cabbage
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup soy sprouts
2-3 spring onions, chopped
Vegetable oil

For the marinade –

¼ cup soy sauce
1 tblsp honey
2 cloves of garlic – minced

Marinade the beef for about 30 minutes and fire up your wok. Make sure the oil covers the wok, I made the mistake once not to oil my wok properly and it got ruined :( anyway, throw the beef in there and stir it around till it’s pretty much all cooked – don’t cook the shit out of it! When the beef is cooked, take it out of the wok and add just a bit more oil. Keep all the yummy juice from the beef! Then you throw in your carrot, stir fry for a few minutes till they’re beginning to get soft, then your mushrooms - stir fry for a few minutes, then cabbage - stir fry for a few minutes, then sprouts - stir fry for a few minutes. Then, add the beef back and stir in the spring onions. You can add any vegetable you like to this, I can’t have peppers but I’m sure they’ll be great in this. Also for a bit of heat you can add chilies- yum. We had that with some egg noodles and it was fucking awesome… Enjoy!

3 comments:

KeLL said...

*drool* now, I'm hungry! That looks sooooo good!! Thanks for sharing!!

Melissa said...

I bet that was really good. and yay! you posted food! you know how much I love that, obviously. ;)

don’t cook the shit out of it!

see now, that's how recipe directions SHOULD be written. hahahaha.

Brunhilda said...

Crazy alternate universe - I HAD STIR FRY FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT!!!! Doo doo doo doo. Only mine was with chicken and rice instead of noodles- so I guess it wasn't really the same, but you know.

This one sounds yummmmmy! I also like the use of shit. Hee.