Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back!

Hey y’all! Did you miss me? I sure missed you guys! I really did!!! Lots to tell…!

1. Back to work today, the bitch grabbed my arm on the way to tell me her daughter got engaged. So either HR did nothing about my letter or they didn’t mention my name and she’s over it. I’m going for option A.

2. Have a major headache from last night. The Old Friend is moving to a new location after the city kindly asked them to move since they’re demolishing the 100 some year old building it’s located in. My friends band played their very own brand of doom/thrash/whatever metal and the crowed destroyed the place completely, since the building being demolished anyway… not my kind of music, not my kind of behavior but I was there to support. Also had 4 beers and felt nothing but tired but more on that in number 3.

3. I wanna say Rosh Pina was good but I have to be honest. I’m a million miles away lately, I can’t focus, I can’t think straight and I can’t figure out why. So it was good being out of town and spending time with Mike and away from work. But my heart wasn’t in it. My heart’s not into anything lately. I hope I didn’t ruin anyone’s fun, I don’t think I did, Mike had a great time. Maybe my expectations of this little vacation were too high. Maybe it was the PMS. Maybe it’s the letter I sent to HR right before I left. I don’t know.

4. Last Friday I met up with Ariane and we talked a lot. She’s not doing so well lately and I’m so scared of getting sucked back in I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to push too hard coz I don’t want to overload like I did before. I do want to be there for her and I hope I’m doing that. She told me about another jealous fit her dear boyfriend had over some family friend of hers… I could’ve said a million things to make her feel better and to make him look good but I didn’t. I feel kind of guilty but I wasn’t about to make him look good.

5. Tomorrow is Nir’s birthday – god, help us all. He sent everyone a text message last night saying exactly this – ‘well, my B-day is Monday so if you want to see me getting shitfaced I’ll be at the Blue Hole from around 8pm till I pass out’.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

that is so not cool if HR didn't say anything. frustration.

don't feel badly about ariane. you are certainly under no obligation to make him look good, or even decent. all you can do is be there for her, as best you can, and it sounds like you're trying to do that.

sorry your mood is still so off and that you didn't enjoy your time as much as you expected. don't be hard on yourself, or worry too much. you have a lot going on.

*hug*

None available said...

Gosh S, glad you're back.

Too bad you weren't able to enjoy Rosh Pina fully. It's one of my top favourite spots here - or the top.

I do hope everything will run smoother now!

xox

ps What? Old Friend's moving yet again? They just moved a year ago!