Thursday, May 01, 2008

Here I Go


Happy May Day y’all! Don’t let you r bosses treat you like cattle EVER.
Since today is also Holocaust Remembrance Day I totally forgot about May Day right? So I come into the work and The Bitch comes up to me and gets in my face telling me I have to do a pre-shift meeting with my team (not telling me why) waving the meeting’s agenda in my face and telling me to tell the team members that there will be a test on this (wtf?) and they’re going to get their asses kicked if they don’t know this stuff. She used those exact words. Seriously. So I looked at her funny and took the papers. The meeting was supposed to start at 14:45 and she comes back exactly at 14:45 and starts again, I ask her what the problem is and she get even more upset, telling me she doesn’t want to make a scene (too late bitch!) so I take everyone to the conference room and like 2 people were a few seconds late and told me she snapped at them on the way in.

Now I explained this before – she is not my fucking supervisor, she’s not even on my fucking team, she can’t tell me what to do. So that was it. I told Pini form my team about a month ago that she only needs to push me so far before I do something, so I did it. I wrote a huge letter to the head of human resources about company policy regarding relatives working together on the same project. I told them what happened today and what’s been happening lately. Then I spoke to my friend who turns out is friends with the head of HR. and now I’m waiting.

I’m aware I might get fired for this. I have to say I don’t care anymore. I told a few people on my team and other teams and they said they will back me up, they’ve been waiting for someone to take a stand. So there. Made my move and now I wait.

Happy May Day to me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! You know, sometimes, you just gotta take a stand and make your voice heard regardless of the outcome. I doubt you will be fired for it though. I don't know how it works over there, but here, if you make a complaint to HR and you get fired, that is grounds for unlawful termination based on retribution. But, you have had all you can take and you don't care so that is a good place for you to be in!

Here's to telling bosses to ram it up their asses!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!!! I know a certain sales guy and my ink pen in his eye is looking pretty good right now.

Happy May Day!!!

KeLL said...

I hope that bitch gets FIIIRED!!!! Good for you for standing up!! What is her problem anyway? You did the right thing. Besides, if you keep ignoring her bad behavior, it will only get worse. It's better to nip the bud and be done with her!! :)

Unknown said...

If it wasn't for the fact that I want a letter of recommendation out of this job, (if only to get my happy ass into grad school) I would be all over burning this bridge like it's made out of dynamite! I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who can't stand the suckage of adulthood and work anymore.

Melissa said...

Yes, good for you! I'm so proud of you Sarah. :) I think it will work out. I can't wait to find out, so let us know.

Unknown said...

Good for you, dude! I cannot WAIT to hear what happens! hopefully it involves a whole lot of kicking that bitch's ass...LOL

Brunhilda said...

Good for you. I'll bet if feels great to have finally taken action against her insane ass. I hope she's the one who gets fired!

None available said...

Sarah! Don't take any shit!

Ok, and happy belated May Day!