Monday, July 07, 2008

Yum-O

Still can't believe I don't work in hell anymore... Let me tell y'all, I don't miss it at all, big surprise hu? I started my new job yesterday, I tend bar at The Record that's owned by some friends of mine, they decided to start opening earlier in the day and thought of me, don't know why, I always thought they hated me. I work downtown, takes me 20 minutes to get there instead of an hour and a half! I get to work with people I like, listen to music all day and I'm home by 10pm! Only thing is it's not a lot of money so I might have to find something extra to do. But, it's a start and since my ultimate goal is to have my own pub and restaurant, it's a step in the right direction. No?

Let's talk about something else for a second. Israel has been blessed lately, the food channel started showing 30 minute meals, you know Raeachaeaeal Ray. WTF is that?! Those recipes are HORRIBLE! It's like watching a 30 minute car crash! And I can't turn it coz I keep wanting to see how bad it'll get! I was just watching it now and she made a Korean BBQ with sauerkraut and sweet and sour sauce! This woman should not be allowed near food! And I'm nt even going to star about how annoying she sounds... How did she get so famous? I know what you're thinking, French people are so stuck up about food, and you're right! Me, I like everything, really! I'm not that kind of French, I swear. This shit, however, needs to stop... And she's going to have Gordon Ramsay on her show? She better watch it, he was probably sent by the French culinary institute to smoke her...

9 comments:

Lizzle said...

I have one week left at my job, and I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT to be finished with that place FOREVER! I'm glad to hear that things are working for you, even if you do have to find something else too.

I'm convinced that the world is divided into three groups of people. Ones that love Rachel Ray, ones that despise her, and those that are fortunate enough to not know who the hell she is because they've got more important things to do, or they live in third world countries where TV isn't an option. Personally, I fall into the can't stand her category. I find the sound of her voice to be grating and obnoxious, and I want to punch her in the face whenever she's on. Don't ask me, I don't watch her, so I am not responsible for her current fame!

TomboCheck said...

I keep hoping to see Rachel Ray have a horrible accident on $40/day, where she doesn't tip well enough and somebody kills her...

And congrats on finding a job that you like!

Anonymous said...

Damn, a bar?? So uh...you'll give me free drinks if I ever win the lottery and decide to visit way over there??

free beer is worth something!

And maybe Rachael Ray shouldn't be near food....but I would let her near..

Well, nevermind

Brunhilda said...

Rachel Ray is an annoying, chimpmumk voiced twat from culinary hell!

Congrats on the new gig! Here's hoping you enjoy it and have less work related stress!

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! YOu are free from hell!!!! I'm glad you got out of there. When companies fuck over their people, they usually always have a mass exodus. Case in point, the company I left last month, they have lost all but 2 of their IT people. Plus, 7 other people have left in the month I have been gone. OOOPS!!!!

Little Fish said...

Rachel Ray is so annoying, even my Grandmother can't stand her!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job! It sounds like a good way to earn a little cash while you figure out your next move. AND - you want to own your own pub/restaurant one day , it's DEF. a step in the right direction!!!

re: Rachel Ray - the ONLY reason I know who she is is from gossip blogs! I'd NEVER EVER heard of her till she started showing up on my various favourite sites (usually being ripped to shreds lol0 I have never seen the show, I've never heard her speak, I know nothing about her, but apparantly she's a tad annoying, eh? LOL


Again, CONGRATS ON THE JOB! And 20 minutes to work is a DREAM! ESP. in the morning, I'm sure LOL

Melissa said...

It sounds like you're on your way to making the life you want. Good for you, Sarah.

Rachael Ray is totally annoying. Her expressions, her voice. And yes, her recipes don't do much for me either. They're not near the horridness that Sandra Lee perpetuates, but they're not what I'm after, to say the least.

Skaag Argonius said...

Make a business plan, wear a suit, and start interesting investors ;-)

After you raise the $3.5M you need for your Restau-Pub, let me know, because I will offer myself as barman ;-)